Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rainy Day Musing

A rainy day Monday.

A gentle, soothing rain. A quiet, slow day for reflections.

Reflections in glass. Raindrops collecting and sitting still. Just waiting.

Today I'm going to start the daily practice of taking a photograph each day and writing about it. Can I do it? The problem, I fear, is not "can I do it?" but can I stop with just one? Today I shot this raindrop picture and then had another idea with a bird sculpture. I've spent about two hours so far.

Is that bad?

What else do I need to be doing?

Is it important that it's 10:30 and I'm still in my pajamas?

I don't know. I haven't quite gotten rid of the work tyrant in my head. He's still up there saying I should be doing something "important." But I've made him start defining important. I don't answer him as quickly as I used to. But he still debates and cajoles and scolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment